In every issue we will have Zoning summary of a part of GTA.
This information sheet lists the general requirements for each residential zone and has been prepared for convenience purposes only. For complete information, refer to North York Zoning By-law 7625 and Zoning map as amended.
ZONING BY LAW:
Requirements in this table are for most interior lots for dwellings built after the passing of North York Zoning By-law 7625 on June 25, 1952.
Requirements for accessory buildings located in rear yards(8)
(1) The Front Yard Setback in R3, R4, R5, R6 and R7 may be increased or decreased by (6) Lots zoned R1 in the Park Lane neighbourhood have a maximum building height of 1.0m in most cases. Certain lots have specific Front Yard Setbacks, see Schedule 2 – 8.0m and 2 storeys for a building with a flat roof, and 9.5m and 2 storeys for buildings Front Yard Setbacks for Specified Streets; these may not be increased or decreased. with other roofs.
(2) Side yards increase to 1.8m for lots with frontage 15m or greater. (7) Lots zoned R2 in the Heathview and Bayview Gardens neighbourhoods have a maximum building height of 8.8m and 2 storeys. Lots zoned R2 in the Rippleton
(3) Side yard setbacks for an addition in the R6 and R7 zones may be reduced to the side neighbourhood have a maximum building height of 8.0m and 2 storeys for a building yard of the existing dwelling or 0.6m, whichever is greater, provided the aggregate with a flat roof, and 8.8m and 2 storeys for buildings with other roofs. minimum side yard is 2.4m.
(4) The maximum length of dwelling in the R6 and R7 zones may be increased by a 1.5m required for the main building. one-storey extension to the front of the dwelling and/or a 2.1m one-storey extension to the rear of the dwelling, provided the extension(s) are no wider than one-half the width Accessory structures larger than 10m2 located within 3.0m of the main
building, of the dwelling at the dwelling’s widest point, and the height of the extension(s) does not are included as part of the main building and subject to the setback requirements exceed 5.0m. of the main building.
(5) The maximum length of dwelling in the R3, R4 and R5 zones may be increased 2.1m (9) Where an accessory building is located in the rear yard of an R1 or R2 zone and is (from 16.8m to 18.9m) by a one-storey extension to the rear of the dwelling, provided more than 1.8m in height, it shall be located not less than one-half the its height from the extension is no wider than one-half the width of the dwelling at the dwelling’s widest any lot line, but not less than 3m from any street line.
point, has a minimum 3.0m side yard each side and maximum height of 5.0m. (10) The maximum first floor height may be increased from 1.5m to 2.0m for dwellings on lots that have a frontage of less than 13.7m and have a down sloping driveway.
Note: downsloping driveways are not permitted on lots with a lot frontage greater than 13.7m.
New City Wide Zoning By-Law 569-213 will be provided by the next issue.